Pictures processing

I processed some pictures with PS and I think it is interesting to use digital software to make this part look like a stop-motion.

This part is about the red bird jumping off from the platform. When the character flying the background should be moving forward quickly to show the movement of the character. If we do it in stop-motion we have to prepare the extra paper for this part and it will cost time to change it frame by frame. To avoid this we decided to use PS to do the effect.

It’s not a complex thing. I made three layers in PS. One for the original picture and two for the texture picture. At first I thought it was two layers. But the texture picture that I prepared is not big enough to move so I need another texture layer to fill the blank space. And also the clone stamp is really helpful during this stage, I made this texture picture with it too.

texture

Leave the triangle part blank frame by frame. Fortunately, there are not too many pictures in this part so it didn’t cost much time.

the texture pic is not big enough

And this is the final work.

We also use PS to do the clean and colour adjust to make the scene have more contrast so the colour could be brighter and background darker.

before
after

Digital software can really fix some mistakes that we did during the shooting. But don’t become dependent on it, it’s necessary to keep everything correct at the previous stage otherwise it will be so tired when you process those pictures frame by frame.

before
after